Architecture & Engineering
ALPHA has developed a portfolio of outstanding community, residential, industrial, commercial, government and healthcare projects.
ARCHITECTURE & ENGINEERING CAPABILITIES
Architectural Design and Master Planning
Interior Design, including FF&E (furnishings, fixtures & equipment)
Structural Engineering and Evaluation
Documentation of Existing Conditions
Planning and Building Code Compliance, Analysis and Design
Facilities and Technical Assets
Office located at Al-Mamoora, Doha; accommodating technical in-house personnel; AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite together with REVIT software for BIM (Building Information Modeling) includes features for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering, and construction, Microsoft Office; BSD Speclink-e Specifications Software; High-speed PlotWave and Printers, server network; FTP site access for project management across design Team.
PROJECT AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
ALPHA is committed to its innovative implementation of project management techniques and controls that move a project forward on time and within budget. We manage project stakeholders’ interface and all project participants informed with up-to-date progress reports to gauge a project’s status.
ALPHA’s team record of success on project management assignments has been assembled to proactively, effectively and successfully manage your project. Our approach keeps this team involved throughout the job, maintaining consistent involvement during the entire lifecycle of the project.
We develop overall, integrated plans for logistics, management of budgets, expenditures and schedules to coordinate the worksite for the most efficient use of resources. Our professionals utilize their skills to achieve outstanding results providing key project management services.
Project Management services include:
- Scope definition and management
- Development and maintenance of scope breakdown structure
- Establishment and maintenance of communications procedures
- Budget development
- Master schedule development
- Site selection assistance
- Architect/engineer selection advisory
- Specialty consultant selection advisory
- Development of project-specific websites
- Cost estimating and value analysis
- Identifying phasing alternatives and establishing milestones
- Constructability and bid-ability reviews
- Procedures and logistics assessment
- CPM scheduling and schedule monitoring
- Cost control oversight
- Professional on-site construction management
- Leadership of job coordination meetings
- Contract administration and management
- Regular inspection and quality assurance enforcement
- Progress and financial reporting
- Documentation and file maintenance
- Change order management
- Open item tracking and reporting
- Contract closeout supervision
- Commissioning oversight
ALPHA’s seasoned professionals have experience in identifying, analyzing and preparing construction claims and disputes for construction and engineering projects. We can assist you in assessing or validating entitlement and quantification of damages thus promoting a successful resolution in an efficient and timely manner.
There is no such an agreement as to the “right” way to present a claim, many of which are rendered invalid, or in best case did not quantify the damages accurately. Our claim consultants expertly prepare and analyze claims and disputes for construction and engineering projects. We assist our clients in all construction industries by identifying, analyzing, quantifying, and presenting any construction claims that may arise during the project.
Construction is often considered by many as a dispute-ridden industry, in the unfortunate event a construction claim does occur, our consultants are equipped to provide ongoing support in assessing or validating a party’s entitlement and quantification of damages to promote resolution. By analyzing the construction contract and the parties’ performance throughout the construction duration, our consultants can identify liability, quantify damages, and assist in resolving the dispute in a timely and cost effective manner.
CONTRACT AND CLAIMS
At ALPHA we understand first and foremost that effective contract management can ultimately create a powerful project relationship between stakeholders and pave the road to greater profitability over the long-term. By engaging experienced professional, you build a successful contract management strategy and your project team can now be expected to:
- Spend less time and money on claims and litigation
- Ensure regulatory and policy compliance measures are being met
- Measure contractor and project performance
- Pay contractors on time
- Avoid contract leakage and scope creep
- Track correspondence
- Monitor contractor behavior
We believe that the days of managing contracts manually on paper and in filing cabinets are gone. We integrate your contract management strategies with automated contract management solutions which will free up project management team and their contractors to focus on actually getting the job done.
ALPHA provides services throughout the project lifecycle.
- Contract and Finance Risk Analysis
- Bid & Tender Dossier
- Development of Conditions of Contract on Standard Forms and Bespoke Contracts
- Structuring of Record & Documentation
- Contract & Commercial Teams Structuring & Training
- Preparation final account
- Participation in dispute resolution
- Review of final commercial settlement files
- ADR & litigation support to lawyers.
- Preparation of contractual notices and letters
- Commercial Management
- Uninterrupted change and variation review
- Preparation of claims dossier
- Preparation of claim rebuttals
- Risk register management
- Participation in Dispute Adjudications
ALPHA claim services cover;
- Claims Identification
- Preparation & Presentation of Liability Claims
- Preparation of Claim Rebuttals
- Risk Evaluation & Quantification
- Delay and Disruption Claims
- Productivity Impact Evaluation
- Acceleration Claims
- Forensic Schedule Analysis
- Wrongful Termination or Suspension of Contract
- Claims Mitigation & Avoidance
- Dispute Resolution Support
At ALPHA we understand that the successful performance of a project depends on appropriate planning. The execution of a project is based on a robust project plan and can only be achieved through an effective schedule control methodology. The development of a suitable Project Control system is an important part of the project management effort, as it is widely recognized that planning and monitoring plays a major role as the cause of project failures. Despite the continuous evolution in the project management field, it appears evident that the traditional approach still shows a lack of utilization of Project Controls.
ALPHA Project Controls approach is to provide tailored Solutions to Clients and Projects challenges and requirements.
Our team is highly trained and well-experienced in implementing best practices in Scheduling, Risk and Cost using RUBIX and ACUMENT Suite to generate, analyze and assess construction schedules.
Programming and Scheduling
We understand that Critical Path Method is a powerful tool for Project Controls. We employ high quality CPM schedules in projects containing interdependent activities and used for scheduling their activities. We provide more reliable outcomes on the completion date and controls the overall project expenses. Complex projects are always multidimensional and multitasked, and this is where ALPHA comes very handy.
At ALPHA we go beyond 3D scheduling and we are capable of providing 4D schedules using visual tools, which are created through the linkage of every object existing in a 3D building information model with the schedule activity that corresponds with it. The purpose of this activity is to come up with an animation showing the construction process over the period of time. 4D Scheduling is a technique that is most often employed in construction industry in which it has great use because mostly the projects are really extensive and take a lot of time in the planning and scheduling process.
ALPHA manages Risks through sound construction practices and through careful preparation and review of the project contract documents. At first we help identifying the project participants allocate risks at the contract formation stage.
Our team of experts uses Acumen Risk which allows us to analyze thousands of activities in a relatively short time with high degree of accuracy while accounting for scope uncertainty, work complexity, risk events, weather events and opportunities. Our Risk Analysis allows for the elimination of the statistical and logical complexities of building risk models against large project schedules.
We have aligned our Cost Management operating procedures with Earned Value Management industry best practices standards, we employ a common language in communicating your project status which helps improving your projects’ productivity and performance by uncovering performance issues at an early and correctible stage in your projects.
We believe in providing dynamic and interactive cost solutions for complex projects that allow identify whether such projects are financially on track and detects changes and cost deviations.